Benefits of Installing Hardwood Floors
Your home interior is the place where you can express your creativity and find your comfort. Wooden floors are a great home interior feature that contributes to a great space and gives the look of elegance. Although installing wooden floor is initially expensive, it has some really great benefits that overshadow the initial cost.
Whether you are looking to renovate your residential or commercial space, solid hardwood flooring is a reliable and attractive choice. Over the centuries it has been a popular choice because:
- Wooden floors are durable and the quality will last for decades. Most people have to replace their carpets every 5 years because of holes and stains in the carpets, but wooden floors keep looking amazing over time.
- Wooden floors are easier to clean than carpets. You can clean the wooden floors with a simple sweeping or light vacuuming and it will look great. Wooden floors do not build up mud or dirt like carpets do.
- Wood flooring is hygienic. Carpet absorbs the dust within, but the wooden floors do not retain dirt permanently. Moreover carpets require regular intensive cleaning – daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly — and require expensive aids, chemicals and equipment. The bad news is that they tend to be a one-way street. Given enough time and traffic, they will always matt and become increasingly difficult to care for.
- Even with regular care, particles of all sorts – dirt, dust, grime, grit and the like – sift and sink through carpet weave and the pad and settle near the floor. Dampness from accidents, traffic and even carpet shampooing can actually increase the dampness, rot and growth of mildew and more. Anyone who has ever removed old carpeting can share countless related horror stories.
- In addition, one of the most important advantages of a hardwood floor that many people tend to overlook is the timeless appeal that wood has. Carpet, linoleum and tile patterns and colours come and go out of fashion, for example, think of what we had in the 70’s. Wood’s appeal has lasted centuries, and in my belief, that is not about to change. In fact, wood is more popular now than ever.
- Wooden floors help to heat the house because it acts as a natural insulation.
- You can install wooden floors anywhere you want and get rid of problems caused by staining, mold, and warping.
- Most used carpets end up in landfills, but wooden floors are eco-friendly because they are made from natural, renewable resources. Unlike carpeting, wooden floors last for decades and they are recyclable.
The floor is the first place your toes touch in the morning, which is why the type of flooring is one of the most crucial decisions any homeowner makes. The decision usually comes down to wooden floors vs. carpets. Even though some people opt for carpet, mainly because of its softness and affordability, the perks that you get from wooden floors is second to none. Wooden floors are the best option because of their easy maintenance, higher quality, durability, hygiene, beauty, and more. In addition, wooden floors do not have an unpleasant odor like carpets.
So, the bottom line is that wooden floors have an array of advantages over other flooring types. Although it might be bit hard on your pocket upfront, in the long run, they are incredibly more economic.
Think carefully before you choose your floor finish, not only because this big investment, but because it affects your family’s health, your time, and the aesthetics and value of your home. Ask any owner of a wooden floor, and they will probably say it was the best decision they ever made.
Violetta Kristy is the writer of this article. She is a professional blogger. She always tries to share useful information with her readers. In this article, she discusses the advantages of installing wooden floors in your home. She believes that visiting bestfloorsanding.com.au will provide excellent information on wooden floors and their usefulness.